This Policy applies to our retail stores, our Web Sites, and all other channels in which Triniti Technology collects and uses your personal information.
What we collect
At Triniti Technology we collect two types of information: personal information and non-personal information. The types of information we collect depend on the nature of your interaction with us.
Personal information is information that can identify an individual or information about an identifiable individual. We may collect personal information such as:
- your contact information - e.g., name, postal address, telephone number, and email address;
- your personal preferences - e.g., product wish lists, language preferences, and marketing consent; and your transaction information - e.g., products purchased, method of payment, amount paid, and credit or debit card number.
Non-personal information does not identify you as an individual. For example:
- we may ask you for your postal code to assist us with planning our flyer distribution;
- we may collect certain non-personal data when you visit our Web Sites, such as the type of browser you are using or the referring URL; or
- we may collect and summarize customer information in a non-personal, aggregate format for statistical and research purposes. We may, for example, summarize our data to determine that a certain percentage of contest entrants are male, aged 18 to 25.
You may choose not to provide us with your personal information.
From time to time we may supplement information you give us with information from other sources, such as information validating your address or other available information you have provided us. This is to help us maintain the accuracy of the information we collect and to help us provide better service.
How we collect information
Collected from you
Listed here are some further examples of the ways that we collect personal information directly from you and how we use it.
When you purchase a Triniti Technology product or service, you may need to provide us with contact and payment information (such as credit card information) so that we can process your request or complete your transaction. Examples where we need contact information include delivery services, product servicing, in-home installations, and extended warranty coverage.
Returns and Exchanges
Our goal is to ensure that you are completely satisfied with your purchase and to this end, Triniti Technology offers a Return Policy. For Triniti Technology to continue to offer our Return Policy, we ask for personal information such as your name, address, and telephone number for the purposes of detecting and preventing fraud. You may also be asked to produce photo ID for verification purposes only.
The Customer Review functionality is provided as a rating system that offers you the chance to share your thoughts on a product. These reviews are accessible to all Web Site visitors so please use discretion when posting information to them and do not post personal information.
Participate in a Contest or Promotion
From time to time, we may run contests or promotions. If you participate, you may be asked for contact information as well as additional optional survey information (for example, product preferences). Personal information from contest entries will be used only to administer the contest and contact you if you win.
In some cases, we automatically collect certain information.
Our Web Sites
When using our Web Sites, we may collect the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer, the IP address of your Internet Service Provider, the date and time you access our Web Sites, the Internet address of the Web site from which you linked directly to our Web Site, the operating system you are using, the sections of the Web Site you visit, the Web Site pages read and images viewed, and the content you download from the Web Site. This information is used for Web Site and system administration purposes and to improve the Web Sites.
The Web Site uses "cookies", a technology that installs a small amount of information on a Web Site user's computer to permit the Web Site to recognize future visits using that computer. Cookies enhance the convenience and use of the Web Site. For example, the information provided through cookies is used to recognize you as a previous user of the Web Site (so you do not have to enter your language preference every time), to offer personalized Web page content and information for your use, to track your activity at the Web Site, to respond to your needs, and to otherwise facilitate your Web Site experience. You may choose to decline cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may affect your use of the Web Site and your ability to access certain features of the Web Site or engage in transactions through the Web Site.
Web Site Tracking Information
Links to Other Web Sites
Our Web Site may contain links to other Web sites or Internet resources which are provided solely for your convenience and information. When you click on one of those links you are contacting another Web site or Internet resource. Triniti Technology has no responsibility or liability for, or control over, those other Web sites or Internet resources or their collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of those other Web sites to learn how they collect and use your personal information.
The Triniti Technology retail store is under video surveillance for safety and loss prevention purposes. The recorded images of our customers are viewed only when required. There may also be occasion where video footage is used for general demographic or traffic flow analysis.
How we use the information we collect
Triniti Technology may use your personal information for a number of different business purposes, for example to:
- fulfill orders and requests for products, services or information;
- process returns, exchanges and layaway requests;
- detect and protect against fraud and error;
- establish and manage your accounts with us;
- track and confirm online orders;
- deliver or install products;
- process Best Buy credit card applications;
- track and analyze your purchases and preferences to better understand your product and service needs and eligibility;
- market and advertise products and services;
- communicate things like special events, promotions and surveys;
- tailor our online content or in-store offerings to you based on your interactions with us and your preferences;
- conduct research and analysis;
- operate, evaluate and improve our business; and
When is Your Information Removed?
We keep your information only as long as we need it for legitimate business purposes and to meet any legal requirements. We have retention standards that meet these parameters. We destroy your information when it is no longer needed, or we remove your personally identifiable information to render it anonymous.
Last update: September 2018