To stay ahead in a competitive marketplace, small businesses need to make every dollar count. That means getting the most value from your technology investments, but it also means making sure that employees have fast, reliable access to the business tools and information they need. Every minute an employee waits for an unresponsive application - and every minute your network is down - has an impact on your bottom line. The importance of maintaining a strong and dependable business network only grows as your business adds more employees, applications, and network complexity.
High-level Gigabit with 10GbE Networking for Advanced Small Businesses.
- Each model of the HPE 1950 Switch Series includes four 10GbE connections to connect to servers, network storage devices, or to other switches.
- Two connections of 10GBASE-T deliver 10GbE over copper Category 6a cabling for simple, affordable, high-bandwidth connections to a maximum distance of 100 meters.
- Two SFP+ ports allow for fiber connectivity at various distances, at 1/10GbE speeds, using optional SFP+ 10GbE or SFP Gigabit transceivers.
- Aggregate 10GbE connections for even higher bandwidth using Link Aggregation Control Protocol.
- Logically group or "stack" as many as four units of the HPE 1950 Switch Series and manage this as a single entity, greatly simplifying network administration. Interconnect stacked units using 10GbE connections, with as much as 40GbE total stacking bandwidth connecting the units.
- Use the intuitive web-browser based interface to configure and administer these smart-managed devices.
- These devices support SNMP versions 1, 2c and 3, allowing administration of these devices from a remote SNMP-based management platform.
- Network Time Protocol facilitates timekeeping across your network so time-based actions and trouble-shooting logs are kept synchronized.
- Units will automatically retrieve an IP Address from a DHCP server, allowing for near plug-and-play deployments.
- The HPE 1950 Switch Series lets you use Virtual LANs and access control lists to set bounds on what data can be seen by which users.
- Leverage 802.1X with a RADIUS server to ensure only known and authorized users can access your network.
- Multiple features guard your network from user or server spoofing and from malicious network-based attacks.
- Help secure management traffic using supported SSL/HTTPS encryption and SNMPv3 capabilities.
- The HPE 1950 Switch Series supports Spanning Tree Protocol, Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol, and Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol standards for creating hot-standby recovery links.
- Distribute important links across multiple units in a logical stack for added resiliency. Units can even be in different buildings and still be logically stacked.
- Devices support two independent primary and secondary operating system flash images for backup and recovery during unit upgrades.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) models can be paired with an optional Redundant Power System which can maintain power even if the unit's power supply fails, as well as supplement available PoE power up to 780 Watts.